In the Listening Test 58, you will hear 4 audio recordings and answer questions 1-40 based on them.
Section 1 is a telephone conversation between a student and an auxiliary at a book shop.
Section 2 is a talk given by one of the student counsellors at the university.
Section 3 is a conversation between a student and a teach about an essay.
Section 4 is a monologue by a academic to groupings of motif students.
Complete the Account Details exerting NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each blank space.
Account holder: ______No_______
Name: Nasreen 2_____________
3_________________ Manors, Compton Street, London.
Postcode: SE 4_________________
Phone number: 0181 5___________________
Put a click in the seats below, if the information is correct.
Fill in the blank with the right information, if it is wrong.
The first one has been done for you as an example.
Circle the appropriate letter.
9. To muster the books the student must generate
A. three different forms of identification.
B. two forms of identification.
C. one anatomy of identification.
D. two forms of identification and the university confirmation letter.
10. The books will be kept
A. in the Chemistry Department in the basement
B. in the Physics Department in the basement.
C. in the Physics Department on the first floor.
D. in the Math Department in the basement.
Section 2 Questions 11 -2 0 Questions 11 -1 4
Circle the appropriate letter.
11. There are_____________ student counsellors at the university.
12. The talker has come to talk about the_____________________________.
A. Student Union
B. Student Welfare Service
C. student state
D. Student Accommodation Service
13. The number of main sites is________________________________.
14. Where on this site is the student counsellor’s office?
Questions 15 -2 0
Complete the memoes below use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
15. The information leaflet is available nearly __________________________.
16. The Helpline in the evenings and weekends is dependent on the_____________________.
17. The Helpline is staffed at the weekends for ______________________________.
18. Students contact the Student Welfare Service for a ____________________.
19. If the counsellors cannot help you, they will put you in touch with________________.
20. The Service generates ______________________________ to all voluntaries on the Helpline.
Also check 😛 TAGEND
Section 3 Questions 21 -3 0 Questions 21 -2 3
Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS to answer the following questions
21. On what topic did Jim write his essay? ________________
22. Besides the OECD statistics, what other chassis did Jim use? __________________
23. At the beginning of this essay, what does Jim say the 19 th century Luddites and parties today are worried about? ____________
Questions 24 -2 7
In Jim’s essay, there are 3 reasons for people’s suspicions and 2 reasons why people’s suspicions are unjustified. In each case below, opt the option which accurately describes the point.
The first one is an example.
Example: The first ground for dread 😛 TAGEND
a. IT affects services and traditional industries.
b. Electricity feigns services and traditional industries.
24. The further reason for fear.
A. The prologue of IT is more demanding than other technologies
B. The introduction of IT is happening more quickly than for previous technologies
25. The third reasonablenes for fear.
A. IT performs it easier to change jobs
B. IT establishes it easier for employers to move jobs around
26. The first reason why people’s panics are unjustified.
A. There has been a continuous rise in parties in slog and income in rich countries
B. Technological advanced has industrialized rich countries
27. The second reason why people’s horror are unjustified.
A. New hassles are not unnerving old-fashioned ones
B. New occupations are superseding old ones
Questions 28 -3 0
Circle the suitable letter.
28. New technology does not always shorten employment, because
A. parties do not need to work as hard as before.
B. new produces are a necessity.
C. it can create new demand.
D. it is possible to slow down output.
29. In his conclusion, Jim says that IT should not destroy jobs, if
A. there is a balance.
B. the workforce are favorable.
C. the workforce are businessmen.
D. the workforce have a good education and they are skilled.
30. The quotation, a positive business environment, entails an environment where
A. there is not too much in matters of protectionism.
B. there are many restrictions, rules and regulations.
C. minimum wage levels are too high.
D. to limit work practices exist.
Section 4 Questions 31 -4 0 Questions 31 -3 7
Complete the records exerting NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for your answer.
31. The orator is a specialist in__________________.
32. The loudspeaker is giving the __________________of the term.
33. The focus of her talk is the purpose of______________________.
34. Good pattern leads to_____________________.
35. One facet of the role of intend is to make sure that commodities do the job they are _____________
36. People are persuaded to buy makes by__________________and _______________
37. A customer may buy a personal stereo for its as_______________ well as its swank appearance.
Questions 38 -4 1
Circle the relevant letter.
38. The persona of the designer is becoming more important, because …
A. the progress of technology is slightly faster than it was.
B. there are an opportunity for new ideas.
C. products interrupt more easily these days.
D. every model has to be updated more quickly.
39. In the medical domain, the designer is engaged in…
A. developing a variety of new equipment.
B. OTD equipment that is developing.
C. everything related to hospital portering equipment.
D. advising inventors.
40. Designers can help creators by…
A. exporting their designs.
B. helping to make their commodities attractive.
C. making their makes appreciated by other manufacturers.
D. teach them to appreciate design.
41. Design is important in life, because…
A. existing is more than living.
B. it is part of our attitude.
C. it improves the quality of our daily life.
D. we do not crave things that do not look good, even if they do not work.
Answers Section 1
1. 15%/ fifteen per cent
3. 127 a Adelaide
4. 19 7FT
5. 797 4882
6. [?]( Right information)
15. everywhere on campus
16. magnanimity of volunteers
17. roughly 8/ eight hours
18. a variety of reasons
19. someone who can
20. training courses and support
21. world employment
22. The World Bank
23. machines supplanting people
31. European product design
32. introductory lecture
34. efficient products
35. is aiming to( do)
36. marketing/ adverts( and) the media
37. efficient function
Continue with…Test 59
Read more: feedproxy.google.com